mercoledì 24 agosto 2011

Can we save Ghana?

Really it's not an easy question. What can I say, probably no.
Now I'm spending one month in a social volunteering project in Ghana, and I'm in a village il Northern region. Village's name is Langbensi. I'm working in a clinic, and what I do is to weight and vaccine children and assist pregnant woman. I also talk every day to people in the clinic about HIV, malaria and sanitation. But all I do is nothing. This people don't need me, don't need my help, they need a radical change. It's necessary and very urgent a school reform, and a police reform too. Here police is completely absent, in Accra (the capital) i found 3 drugs dealers in one hour. And they tried to sell me a gun too. It's crazy. Population in villages need to change their way of think, they don't care about HIV or malaria or tbc even if we volunteers tell them that's very dangerous. They don't need money, they need to fight ignorance and need democracy. So what can we do?

3 commenti:

  1. We can try to import for the very first time just democracy and culture, and not only war as our governaments usually do ;)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Your way of thinking is, let me describe it like this, european and quite close-minded.
    Why shall we save this people? Save from what? They are living in this situation of poverty since the big bang... Don't you think that the world as we know us needs this kind of situation in order to keep going?? I mean, the all of us can't be rich if nobody is poor...

    RispondiElimina
  3. It would be fantastic if we could import democracy and culture, that's right :) however i know that there's a kind of balance in the world, so our way of life in some way needs this situation to survive...but my ideals are hard to die, so I'm sure we gotta do something to help them :)

    RispondiElimina